For over 70 years the Trust has attracted members who care passionately about this historic city. Walk through many of the streets of York and you will see evidence of our activities.
- Constantine & Etty Statues
- Fairfax House & St Helen’s Square
- Restoration of important historic buildings
- Restoration of monuments and memorials
- Commemorative plaques & enhanced public spaces
And behind the scenes we promote education, quality design and public engagement:
- Public Speaking Competitions for schools
- York Design Awards
- Consultations on the future planning of York
- Campaigns to sustain York’s unique character
Even if you don’t know someone who is already a Trust member, we hope anyone who cares about York will wish to join, and help York Civic Trust improve and defend our city.
Join us for as little as £30 per year and enjoy the following benefits:
- Join us today, become part of a group dedicated to enhancing the city of York and promoting its future.
- Enjoy extensive programmes of special events, lectures, talks and walking tours.
- Free unlimited admission to Fairfax House and invitations to private views of exhibitions. Discounts on Fairfax House events.
- Members’ e-newsletters keeping you up to date with all that is happening in the Trust and affiliated organisations.
- Members receive a copy of the Trust’s Annual Report, which serves as a permanent record of York’s development and the Trust’s achievements.
- Have the opportunity to make a personal contribution by joining one of our working groups or helping out at an event.
Our straightforward membership form is below. The Trust’s membership year runs from 1 February, we do welcome membership applications at any time during the year. We use Direct Debit whenever possible, as it helps our cost; we also hope you will give us an email address, to cut down on postage.
Membership Application Forms
You can print the forms off (below) and either drop them in or post them to us at:
Membership Secretary, York Civic Trust
England YO1 9RN
Alternatively, you can pay for your membership here online and we will send you a welcome pack.
If you have any specific questions, please email the Membership Secretary, Mrs Jill Waterson, via firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to the Trust.
Below are PDFs which you can download.
£450.00 – Apply online »
Joint life membership
(2 cards, 2 names)
£700.00 – Apply online »
If you are already a member, did you know you can make a gift of membership to someone else?