York Civic Trust welcomes suggestions for its blue plaques programme. Complete the form on this page to make your nomination.
Suggestions for plaques are assessed against the below criteria. Nominations should meet 6 of the 8 criteria to be eligible to be approved for consideration.
To be considered for a blue plaque, nominations must be judged to meet most of the below criteria:
1. The candidate had a long-standing or significant connection to York
2. The candidate had a link to a building or place that exists to this day
3. The candidate made a major and positive contribution to their field that is widely recognised
4. The candidate’s work and life has the power to educate, surprise or inspire others to this day
5. The candidate has no other plaque in York
6. The candidate made a major contribution to the history of York or the United Kingdom
7. There is an upcoming date that has significance for past or current events that the candidate is connected to
8. The candidate has been deceased for twenty years