York Civic Trust welcomes suggestions for its blue plaques programme.
Suggestions for plaques are assessed against the below criteria. Nominations should meet most of the relevant criteria to be eligible to be approved for consideration.
Please use the criteria set out below to frame your nomination, and send it to us via email at email@example.com
To be considered for a blue plaque, nominations must be judged to meet most of the below criteria:
1. The person or place had a long-standing or significant connection to York
2. If a person, they had a link to a building or place that exists to this day.
3. If a person, they made a major and positive contribution to their field that is widely recognised
4. The person or place has the power to educate, surprise or inspire others to this day
5. The person or place has no other plaque in York
6. The person or place has made a major contribution to the history of York or the United Kingdom
7. If a person, they have been deceased for twenty years
8. AND THE BIG ONE … Why now? Is there an upcoming date (such as a commemoration or an event) that has significance with the person or place?